- Airboat ride on Louisiana bayous including round-trip transport from New Orleans
- Ride in an airboat over wetlands surrounding fishing village of Jean Lafitte
- Learn about the history and culture of communities that live on the bayous from your native guide
- See alligators in the wild, native birds and giant river rodents called nutria -- plus a live albino alligator exhibit
- Food and drink available for purchase before boat ride
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Gray Line Lighthouse on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Before heading out on the water, pop into the albino alligator exhibit and grab a delectable shrimp Poboy to go (own expense). Enjoy the proximity to the water surface and warm breeze as you zip through the bayou. Spot lurking alligators, snakes, raccoons and giant river rodents called nutria. Savor the moments of calm when the boat slows and your native captain shares stories and facts about the area’s history and the surrounding wildlife – and maybe even interacts with an animal or two!
Your bayou adventure ends with a return to the French Quarter by coach, arriving in mid‐afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In case of inclement weather, the tour may be shortened, postponed or replaced with a similar tour on a covered boat
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Sunglasses are recommended. Please note that you are on an air-boat and may get wet.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff