- Listen to your guide’s master storytelling as they dive deep into the city’s past
- Learn the history behind above-ground burying and other New Orleans facts
- Don't worry about getting lost with centrally located meeting points
- Journey through three historical New Orleans cemeteries, if option chosen
Departure & Return
For the French Quarter tour: Meet outside of Backatown Coffee on Basin Street 30 minutes prior to departure. The guide will depart on time.
For the Cemetery Insiders Tour: Meet at G's Pizza 4840 Bienville Street 30 minutes prior to departure.
Tour ends at Jackson Square in the heart of the French Quarter.
Ends near Charity Hospital Cemetery on Canal Street.
What To Expect
As you stroll, enjoy tales of New Orleans’ voodoo history and peek into a small shop that specializes in voodoo ritual materials such as herbs, oils, and amulets. Hear more from your guide about a largely misunderstood religion that still enjoys a formidable presence in New Orleans.
Take a short break at the old train station. Then walk through Louis Armstrong Park where you visit Congo Square, a historical site from the 1800s. Here, slaves and free people met on Sunday to openly trade, socialize, play music, dance and practice voodoo rituals.
To see cemeteries from inside the gates with your favorite beverage in hand, choose the BYOB Cemetery Insiders option. You'll experience three of New Orleans’ historical cemeteries and learn of the city's unique burial traditions.
Please note that this tour covers about one mile of the city, so comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- All guides are licensed by the City of New Orleans.
- Bring bottled water. Weather conditions can become increasingly hot in the summer months and drinking water is necessary to prevent dehydration.
- Check In begins 30 minutes prior to tour departure. Tour departs on time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Children under 6 are free of charge.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to citywide shutdowns, there will be no bathroom or bar breaks. Please come prepared.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 is closed to the public and no access will be granted
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Witches Brew Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Just keep in mind if you are not staying walking distance from your hotel to the Pick up point, then take a uber or cab." See review
- "There's a restroom stop after the graveyard so you can still enjoy the tour with a short break." See review
- "I reccomend doing the tour earlier in the day as there are fewer people around and it's easier to listen and enjoy." See review