Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy a fully narrated city tour of historic New Orleans
- See the world famous French Quarter, Jackson Square and Audubon Park
- Cruise aboard a riverboat on the Mississippi River
- Listen the Captain's highlights of one of the world's busiest ports
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Tour departs from Toulouse St, New Orleans near the French Quarter. You must exchange this voucher for your ticket at the Gray Line window at the 'Lighthouse' ticket office located at Toulouse St and the Mississippi River (Steamboat Natchez Dock), just one block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter. Please note that both the New Orleans Steamboat Company and Gray Line New Orleans share the 'Lighthouse' ticket office - you must go to the 'Gray Line' window
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Other sights include the iconic St Charles Avenue streetcar, the exquisite mansions of the Garden District and City Park. Visit the park’s Besthoff Sculpture Garden or stop at the Morning Call Cafe for a delicious beignet (own expense) before heading back to the river for part two of your tour: a cruise on the Steamboat Nanchez!
The Steamboat NATCHEZ is taking some time off, but her sister vessel will be taking her place and you’ll get the same authentic riverboat experience. Find a seat in the cabin or on the outside deck, where you can admire unobstructed views of the ‘Crescent City’ shoreline and enjoy live jazz music. Learn some riverside history as you pass sites like the Chalmette Battlefield, where the famous pirate and privateer Jean Lafitte teamed with Andrew Jackson to defeat British invaders in the Battle of New Orleans.
An optional lunch buffet is available for purchase. You’ll sample an array of sumptuous Louisiana fare from cornmeal‐crusted fish and red beans and rice to Natchez’s signature bread pudding and fresh fruit (full menu included below). Coffee and tea are included with your lunch, or you may purchase adult beverages. Your river cruise ends back at the departure point in New Orleans with plenty of time to sightsee!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- If you wish to take both paddle and wheel tours on the same day, you must book the 9am departure
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the coach. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Our riverboats is wheelchair accessible. However, access to the top & bottom decks on the NATCHEZ are by stairs only. Please call us with any questions before finalizing your plans if you have questions on access or personal equipment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Cruise is suitable for wheelchairs, but restrooms stalls are not wide enough to accommodate and there are no elevators on board.
- Please Note: Should the Steamboat NATCHEZ become unavailable for her yearly Coast Guard inspections and/or general maintenance, all cruises during this time will take place on her sister vessel - the newly renovated Riverboat CITY of NEW ORLEANS.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by New Orleans Super Saver: City Tour and Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise.
- "You should train your staff if they have higher volume of traffic and parades those should be accounted for to get us at the next trip." See review
- "It would help if the guide announced the stops at the beginning of the tour and that we only had one bathroom stop and that we needed to take advantage of that stop." See review