6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Take a break from the bustle of New Orleans to explore the lifestyles and complex history of rural Louisiana on a day trip to the Oak Alley Plantation. Take a guided tour the opulent antebellum mansion, gardens, and slave cabins, and learn about the lives of the free and enslaved families who lived here. During the drive to River Road, learn about the region's history, from the Civil War to Hurricane Katrina.
- Get a glimpse into historic plantation life at Oak Alley
- Learn about the dark history of the American slave trade
- Includes a guided tour and free time to explore on your own
- Skip the hassle of a rental car with narrated transport from New Orleans
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up begins at 8:00 AM please allow 30 minutes for pickup. We pickup at all hotels in the metro New Orleans area just leave the name of your hotel or airbnb before you check out
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY CRESCENT CITY TOURS & TRANSPORTATION
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Oak Alley Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Oak Alley Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Oak Alley Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Oak Alley Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I would suggest driving out to the site so you can enjoy all of the glory that this property has to offer." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Oak Alley Plantation Tour with Transportation
6 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursPlantation ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingNew OrleansBus Tours - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaFull-day Tours - LouisianaPlantation Tours - LouisianaBus Tours - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachFull-day Tours - Orange BeachPlantation Tours - Orange BeachBus Tours - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinFull-day Tours - DestinPlantation Tours - DestinCategory
Royal StreetStoryville District Napoleon HouseLaura PlantationFrenchmen StreetMardi Gras WorldNew Canal LighthouseOld U.S. MintAudubon Butterfly Garden and InsectariumNew Orleans Pharmacy MuseumSan Francisco PlantationHotel MonteleoneDestrehan PlantationSt. Louis CathedralLafayette Cemetery No. 11850 HouseAudubon Aquarium of the AmericasHistoric New Orleans Collection (HNOC)Louis Armstrong ParkMagazine Street