8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Put New Orleans in context without the self-drive hassles on this enriching full-day tour. First, immerse in the city’s dark history on a guided tour of the Whitney Plantation, with time to explore the museum independently. Next, pass by the Evergreen Plantation, where Django Unchained was filmed, and board an airboat for a high-speed swamp adventure. Your package includes small-group transfers from all New Orleans hotels and some rentals.
- Learn about New Orleans’ history of slavery at the Whitney Plantation
- Pass by Destrehan, a key point in the 1811 Revolt of enslaved people
- Race through marsh and swamps on a thrilling airboat ride
- Picks up and drops at hotels (and some rentals) in time-saving small groups
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup at all New Orleans hotels and some AirBnb's
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY CRESCENT CITY TOURS & TRANSPORTATION
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whitney Plantation and Large Airboat Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Whitney Plantation and Large Airboat Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Whitney Plantation and Large Airboat Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whitney Plantation and Large Airboat Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Whitney Plantation and Large Airboat Tour
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursAudio GuidesFull-day ToursPlantation ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportNew OrleansBus Tours - LouisianaCity Tours - LouisianaAudio Guides - LouisianaFull-day Tours - LouisianaPlantation Tours - LouisianaBus Tours - Orange BeachCity Tours - Orange BeachAudio Guides - Orange BeachFull-day Tours - Orange BeachPlantation Tours - Orange BeachBus Tours - DestinCity Tours - DestinAudio Guides - DestinFull-day Tours - DestinPlantation Tours - DestinCategory
St. Joseph PlantationBackstreet Cultural MuseumFrenchmen StreetNew Canal LighthouseMusical Legends ParkOld Ursuline ConventRoyal StreetMercedes-Benz SuperdomePort of New Orleans (Port NOLA)New Orleans Historic Voodoo MuseumSydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture GardenLafayette SquareLower Ninth WardCourt of Two SistersHotel MonteleoneOld U.S. MintNew Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA)Beauregard-Keyes HouseJean Lafitte National Historical Park and PreserveAudubon Park