- Guided tours of Laura and St. Joseph plantations from New Orleans
- Tour the gardens and historic slave quarters at Laura Plantation
- Hear stories of St. Joseph's history and tour its active sugar cane farm with a family member or owner
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Arrive at St. Joseph Plantation, a Creole style, family-owned working sugar cane plantation since 1877. The tour gives you a fascinating glimpse into the lives of the many interesting people who have called this plantation 'home.' Many tours are guided by family members themselves. It is a relaxed, intimate visit to an ancestral home, grounds, and dependencies (including original slave cabins). The movie 12 Years A Slave was filmed there.
Next, a short ride through sugar cane fields brings you to Laura Plantation, a Creole plantation with distinctive and colorful architecture. Accompany your guide on a tour of the mansion, outbuildings and slave quarters, soaking up stories of Creole culture and West African folktales, said to be the inspiration for Br'er Rabbit stories. Meander through vibrant flower and vegetable gardens and marvel at the surrounding sugarcane fields—a lush backdrop and stark reminder of the site’s dramatic past.
Your tour ends with a drop‐off at your point of origin in the mid‐afternoon or evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies to all children and infants
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours by Isabelle
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "A tip though, have a large breakfast as neither have a cafe just snacks." See review