Explore our promoted experiences
- Riverboat dinner cruise with private pilot house and boat tour, a Viator Exclusive
- Cruise the Mississippi on an authentic paddle-wheel riverboat and enjoy lots of perks
- Go on an exclusive tour of the boat and its pilot house, led by the first mate
- Admire New Orleans from your reserved seat while listening to live jazz and savoring a tableside dinner
- Receive a Champagne cocktail, shrimp cocktail, boarding photo, jazz band CD, and more treats
- Don't miss this insider New Orleans experience—it can't be booked anywhere else
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Gray Line Lighthouse on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River)
What To Expect
Your VIP experience begins with a personal reception. Ship staff will greet you with a complimentary Champagne cocktail. Pose for a photo op to capture the moment; you’ll take home a print to mark the special occasion. Then, follow your host (who may even be the captain) on an insider tour of the vessel to see all the workings of the ship including the pilot house and the enormous paddlewheel.
Afterward, you’ll be escorted to your reserved seat, where you’ll get unobstructed views of the striking New Orleans shoreline at dusk, and a performance by the Grammy‐nominated jazz group Dukes of Dixieland. Wet your palate with fresh shrimp cocktail and a glass of wine. As for dinner, it might include anything from Bayou seafood pasta to chicken and sausage gumbo. Top it off with signature bread pudding accompanied by coffee and tea.
Once you have wined and dined, take a stroll across the deck or sit back in your seat and enjoy live jazz. The music plays on until the evening cruise ends back at the departure point in the French Quarter. Take home a complimentary souvenir Dukes of Dixieland CD as tokens of your magical night.
Receive all the luxuries of the original tour, but include an open bar (call‐brand select cocktails, beer, and house wine) for the entire duration of the cruise.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- The riverboat is accessible for guests who use mobility devices. However, access to the top & bottom decks are by stairs only. Please call us with any questions before finalizing your plans if you have questions on access or personal equipment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I would thoroughly recommend getting the vip package for a special occasion, like a birthday or anniversary or even if like us, you come from out of town and want to do something special." See review
- "From getting on the boat early, the personal service during the entire cruise, the private table, the music, the tour with the captain, worth every penny." See review