- Visit historical Philly and Pennsylvania’s Amish country on a tour from NYC
- Explore both locations with no travel hassles: relax on a minivan or coach
- Hear tales of Philly’s sights, such as the Liberty Bell, you’d miss if alone
- Experience Amish life and an Amish horse-and-buggy ride in Lancaster
Departure & Return
6:30 AM Departure In front of Port Authority Bus Terminal Building on 42nd Street (between 8th & 9th Avenue) Return at approximately 7-7:30pm
What To Expect
It’s a little less than two hours to Philadelphia, where the first half of the tour features a drive along Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Elfreth’s Alley, America's oldest continuously inhabited residential street. Spend some time exploring the city’s historical attractions, like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the Constitution Center, City Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s famed “Rocky Steps,” and more.
In the afternoon, leave the hustle of city life for the quiet surroundings of Amish country in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. See how the Amish live and take a ride in a horse-drawn buggy. Browse handmade arts, crafts and other products; and experience the simpler life of the Amish people.
The tour concludes with a return trip to Grand Central Station in New York City.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair transportation must be requested in advance
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In the event that parts of this itnerary remain inaccessable due to COVID 19 an alternate itinerary will be followed. Final details will be available prior to each departure. On our tours we use a wide variety of attractions which all have different policies regarding Covid 19. In order to enjoy the full experience of the tour it is recommended to bring a face covering as it may be required for entry at certain locations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Empire Vacations
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Guides & Languages Health & Safety Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Don't be expecting a great detailed tour; think of this more as an introduction or a brief overview." See review
- "Secondly, don't have customers waiting outside of the bus in the rain before allowing them on the bus." See review
- "It was a very long day but it was well worth it, I took my 78 year old mother and she also thoroughly enjoyed it." See review