Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Pizza walking tour through Little Italy and Manhattan
- Trace and taste the history of pizza from Italy to America with a local expert
- Try different styles of pizza from some of NYC's best pizza shops
- Receive your own pocket pizza journal with this tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Look at the top of your ticket to find your tour type. If you are on the GREENWICH VILLAGE PIZZA WALK, you'll meet in front of John's Pizzeria - 278 Bleecker Street. If you're running late, DO NOT WORRY! The group will remain at John's for at least 25 minutes after the tour begins.
The end point for this tour changes every time, as our itinerary is completely in the hands of your pizza tour guide! Please disregard the map and address listed here.
What To Expect
Crosstown Pizza Walking Tour (Little Italy and Greenwich Village)
Stroll through the storied streets of Little Italy, where pizza was first introduced to America in the early 1900s by the Italian immigrants who settled here. Pop in at the oldest pizzeria in America, then make your way to neighboring Greenwich Village to sample a slice in this eclectic neighborhood.
Greenwich Village Pizza Walking Tour (North Village or South Village)
Get a feel for the flavor of Greenwich Village and discover the evolution of this unique area from one of Manhattan’s earliest Italian neighborhoods to a trendy post-bohemian scene. Learn how industrial America put its own spin on pizza after the cheesy dish made its way to New York from Southern Italy, and try three very different interpretations of this now-classic comfort food.
Lower East Side Pizza Walking Tour (Lower East Side of Manhattan)
Manhattan’s Lower East Side is a pizza-lover’s paradise, with dozens of pizzerias packed into this eclectic neighborhood. You’ll find pizza-by-the-slice windows, crispy wood oven-fired creations, old-fashioned Neapolitan pies, and modern interpretations of New York City’s signature dish. Talk to pizza makers to learn about the effects of different ovens and signature dough-stretching maneuvers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY New York Pizza Tours, Inc d/b/a Scott's Pizza Tours
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands