- Private tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Customize the experience to your needs
- Learn about Ellis Island immigration
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Ideal choice for families
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Departure & Return
Your guide will be on the steps outside of the north entrance of the Alexander Hamilton Customs House (Museum of the American Indian), holding a white flag with a blue checkered border with our logo. This is the entrance facing the buildings in Manhattan with 4 statues.
The tour concludes on Ellis Island. If you wish to spend more time visiting the museum, your guide can provide instructions on how to get back to Battery Park. Your guide can also take you back to Battery Park if you wish to return at the conclusion of the tour.
What To Expect
Upon reaching the island, make your way to the Statue of Liberty and the Statue of Liberty Museum. See one of the original statue torches displayed alongside rare memorabilia and the poem ‘The New Colossus’ that was once at the base of the statue. Get perfect views of the New York City skyline from the observation deck and snap an unforgettable photo with Lady Liberty.
Continue to Ellis Island to explore New York’s immigrant legacy: follow an immigrant’s trail through the Great Hall and see moving photos and artifacts in the onsite museum. Enjoy a personal take on Ellis Island from your guide, whose family passed through Ellis Island, then learn how you can trace your family history there. Finish your day with independent time on Ellis Island or return to Battery Park with your guide.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Duration is subject to ferry schedule and time guest wishes to spend on Ellis Island
- Food and drink is available for purchase on the Statue Ferry, Liberty Island, and Ellis Island
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear appropriate shoes
- Operates in various weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Photography is allowed, however monopods or tripods are not allowed
- No weapons of any kind are allowed at the statue (including pocket knives, pepper spray, Swiss Army knives, etc.). There is no place to check these items before going through security, so please leave these items at home
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at least 21 years of age.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Your ferry ticket is NOT included with the price of the tour. You will be sent instructions on how to do this.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Dog Tours Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms