- 1 hour flight over Milford Sound from Queenstown
- Marvel at the UNESCO-listed landscapes of Milford Sound in the Fiordland National Park on a scenic flight
- Enjoy aerial views of natural wonders such as Mitre Peak, Bowen Falls, and Mount Pembroke
- Choice of departure times throughout the day
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and transfers
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Pickup from your central queenstown hotel, or you can self-drive to the base Address: 39 Lucas Place Dates: Daily Return point: Return to same departure location
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you circle the fjord, your pilot will point out natural wonders like the 525-foot (160-meter) high Bowen Falls, the striking hanging valley of Sinbad Gully, and Mount Pembroke. Continue towards the Tasman Sea coast, passing over the distinctive 5,551-foot (1,692 meter) mountain of Mitre Peak, one of New Zealand’s most photographed landmarks, and see the dramatic approach witnessed by the first settlers at the end of the 18th-century. As you loop back toward Queenstown, enjoy magnificent views of the Sutherland Falls and Stirling Falls.
After touching back down in Queenstown, your driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
Please note: Flights are weather dependent - you will be notified an hour prior to departure time if the weather is appropriate to proceed.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants are classed as 11kg or under. If when weighed at check in they are over 11kg in weight, they will be classed and charged as a child and will have to sit in their own seat due to infant seat belt weight restrictions.
- Most travelers can participate
- Stroller must be able to fold down to a small enough size to fit in the plane safely and be strapped up by the pilot
- Wheelchairs must be able to fold down to a small enough size to fit in the plane safely and be strapped up by the pilot
- We would generally not recommend flying in the last 2-3 months of pregnancy as a precaution.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Milford Sound Scenic Flights
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands