Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore Iceland’s wild landscapes by night on a Northern Lights hunting safari
- Get chance to spot the Aurora Borealis, nature’s spectacular light show
- Marvel at the wonders of the solar system during a stargazing experience
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and round-trip transport by 4x4
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people ensures a personalised experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
As you await the appearance of the Lights, make the most of a high-powered telescope to gaze up at the stars and listen as your guide points out the wonders of the solar system, including common star constellations, the Orion nebula, the moon, and even Jupiter.
If you’re lucky, the Northern Lights will also make an appearance and your guide will ensure all participants get a photograph taken against a backdrop of the spectacular light show (included). As the lights dance across the night sky, learn more about the natural phenomenon from your guide, or relax with a hot chocolate and Kleina pastry (included) as you take it all in.
Head back to Reykjavik at the end of your tour for hotel drop-off.
Tour duration varies depending on the time of year and weather conditions. The tour operator reserves the right to cancel the tour as late as 6:30pm due to unfavorable weather conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- PICK UP TIMES: 1. Sept.-30. Sept.: 9-9.30 pm 1. Oct.-15. March: 8-8.30 pm 16. March-15. April: 9-9.30 pm
- At 6.30pm each day we make our Go/NoGo decision according to weather and message you to CONFIRM OR CANCEL through the Viator system. As we have no other way of contacting you please make sure you contact us directly if you do not receive ANY message from us, before you start waiting for your pick up. If the tour is cancelled due to weather you can either re-schedule or receive a full refund.
- If you do not see the Northern Lights on your tour, you may re-book free of charge (subject to availability). You must confirm via e-mail.
- If The Customer fails to show up at pickup: No refund.
- If we cancel the tour, for any reason at any time, The Customer is eligible for a 100% refund. This does not include tours that are free re-runs (such as after non-sightings Northern Lights tours).
- Under no circumstances is The Customer eligible for a refund in part or full for a tour that was performed.
- We travel in modified superjeeps – Because the Earth is not Flat. Prepare for an adventurous activity tour rather than luxury!
- It is recommended that you wear thick, warm and windproof layers. You will spend a lot of time outside in the cold Icelandic night. To enjoy the night sky at it's best it is important to be able to stay warm outside. You can jump back in the vehicle once in a while to catch up on warmth
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Happyworld Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Highly recommend this tour but make sure you have Throstor as your guide!" See review