4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enjoy a relaxing horseback riding tour just outside of the bustling city of Reykjavik during this half-day excursion. Learn the basics of horseback riding and get to know the unique Icelandic horses. The riding time is about three hours, which allows guests to get to know their horse and try out various gaits as they admire the beautiful Icelandic scenery.
- Enjoy a half-day horseback riding excursion just outside of Reykjavik
- Learn the basics and get to know the gaits of the Icelandic horse
- Admire the beautiful Icelandic scenery during your relaxing ride
- Enjoy a personalized experience during this fully private excursion
Saved to wishlist!
Use of helmet
We require our guests to be able to mount the horses them selfs.
Departure & Return
Icelandic riding , Akrar 2, 271 Mosfellsbær, IcelandThis activity will end right where it started.
Icelandic Riding is located at: Akrar 2, 271 Mosfellsbær.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Any cruise ship passengers wishing to take the tour must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Due to the comfort of the horses, unfortunately passengers weighing over 110kg will not be able to take part in the tour
- Dress according to weather
- Please note that any unwashed riding gear is not allowed to be brought into Iceland from abroad
- Comfortable riding shoes are recommend or walking shoes/ good sneakers
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Icelandic Riding
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Horse Riding Tour in Thoromodsdale from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Horse Riding Tour in Thoromodsdale from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Horse Riding Tour in Thoromodsdale from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Horse Riding Tour in Thoromodsdale from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Horse Riding Tour in Thoromodsdale from Reykjavik
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Horseback RidingNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingReykjavikHorseback Riding - VikNature and Wildlife - VikHistorical Tours - VikHalf-day Tours - VikHorseback Riding - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellHistorical Tours - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - SkaftafellHorseback Riding - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandHistorical Tours - South IcelandHalf-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Reykjanes PeninsulaVidey IslandSun Voyager (Solfar)BessastadirFimmvörðuháls VolcanoThingvellir National ParkStrokkurThrihnukagigur VolcanoThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Skarfabakki Cruise TerminalHofdi HouseLangjökullÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)Reykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverSilfra FissureMt. EsjaFaxaflói BaySnaefellsjokull National ParkSkogar MuseumViking World