8 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See for yourself why Belize’s Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) cave is named one of the top caves in the world on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure. After a hike through the jungle, swim across the flooded cave entrance to enter a complex system of underground caverns and tunnels that are only accessible with a licensed guide. Inside, with only a headlamp for light, walk among ancient Mayan artifacts and crystallized human remains.
- Explore a cave used by the ancient Maya for rituals and sacrifices
- Safely climb, hike, and swim through narrow and flooded passageways
- Full-day tour includes transport, all safety gear, and a picnic lunch
- A guided tour is the only way to enter this natural and cultural wonder
Saved to wishlist!
Helmet, Headlamps, Life vest,
All Fees and Taxes
Departure & Return
6 Far W St, San Ignacio, Belize
Ground floor of Elviras Building by Ervas Restaurant
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Belize Caving Expeditions
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "I had a long sleeved quick-dry shirt on over my swimsuit which I was grateful for because I got a little chilly in the cave because I was wet for so long." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Actun Tunichil Muknal with Local Tour guide & Belizean Lunch
8 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingExtremeWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesSan IgnacioHiking - HopkinsExtreme - HopkinsHiking - Belize CityExtreme - Belize CityHiking - Ambergris CayeExtreme - Ambergris CayeCategory