9 to 11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the ancient Maya city of Caracol on a full-day private tour from San Ignacio with an optional visit to the Rio On pools. Explore the sprawling complex at your own pace as you explore with a local guide, and learn the history of this site through the glyphs, stelae and ceremonial carvings that are scattered throughout the ruined political center. Watch for wild turkeys and howler monkeys among the stones, and take in sweeping views of the jungle from the towering sky palace pyramid before returning to San Ignacio.
- Family friendly
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Led by a local guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Rio Frio Cave and Rio on Pools
Local, professional driver/guide
Transport by private, air conditioned vehicle
The listed price does not include a departure tax per person, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control
Any hotel outside San Ignacio Town, Cayo District may incur a small additional fee
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
SMALL group tours (2 - 4ppl) any group larger than 4ppl travelling together gets their own transport for their group only.
All AIRBnBs: please provide us with your location & local contact number for airbnb
EXTRA FEE: for any pickup & drop off OUTSIDE San Ignacio Town. Fee is based on location and payable cash to local provider at pickup time on day of tour. call/email to confirm availability.
NO PICKUP & DROP OFFS to: Belize City, Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, Hopkins, Placencia. Guests from Belize city, Hopkins, Placencia are approx 2 hours away from our location and are advised to use own transport or arrange shuttle from within their location; this tour is NOT AVAILABLE for Ambergris caye & Caye Caulker
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY St Leonard's Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Small group Caracol Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Small group Caracol Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Small group Caracol Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Small group Caracol Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Small group Caracol Tour from San Ignacio
9 to 11 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingSan IgnacioBus Tours - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsHistorical Tours - HopkinsFull-day Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - Belize CityArchaeology Tours - Belize CityHistorical Tours - Belize CityFull-day Tours - Belize CityBus Tours - Ambergris CayeArchaeology Tours - Ambergris CayeHistorical Tours - Ambergris CayeFull-day Tours - Ambergris CayeCategory