12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Saved to wishlist!
Professional Local Tour Guests with Lifeguard, CPR & First Aid Certification
Pictures from your Rainforest Adventure
Eco Interpretation throughout the Rainforest Trails
Fresh Local Fruit, Snacks & Refreshments
All Necessary Equipment
Training and Safety Instructions prior to Tour
Round Trip Transportation from Accommodation or Assigned Pick Up Location
Rainforest Entry Fee
Fully Guided Bio Bay Tour at World Famous Laguna Grande
Eco Interpretation of the Bioluminescent Lagoon and Surrounding Area & Eco System
Discover Bioluminescence at the Fajardo Bio Bay
Watch and Learn about the Constellations
Stop at Local Restaurant for Dinner (not included in price)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from the above list of hotels. If your hotel/accommodation is not listed, please select the nearest hotel and meet us there or contact us for an assigned meeting location.
Alternative Pick Up Locations:
- Pick ups from Old San Juan are at the Sheraton Old San Juan (meet in front of Walgreens)
- Pick ups from Isla Verde are at the Intercontinental Hotel San Juan
- Pick ups from Ocean Park are at Kasalta Bakery
- Pick ups from Condado are at La Concha
- Pick ups from Fajardo and Humacao are at CVS Fajardo
- Pick ups from Luquillo are at Walgreens Luquillo
Pick Up Times
- Pick ups in San Juan are generally between 8:00am and 9:00am
- Pick ups on the East coast are generally between 10:15am and 11:15am
What to Wear & Bring
• Cell phone (in the event that we need to contact you or you need to contact us prior to the excursion)
• Closed-toe shoes that can get wet/dirty, have good grip for hiking on wet surfaces, and provide comfort and support (no sandals, water shoes, or flip flops)
• Bathing suit (already have on)
• Comfortable hiking clothes that can get completely wet/dirty
• Towel and change of clothes
• Water bottle to refill throughout the day (provided if you do not have one)
• Camera (optional - waterproof only!)
• Money for dinner
Items can be left in vehicle during Rainforest and Bio Bay Tours
Dinner Note: It is important that you eat a good breakfast prior to your pick up. Dinner will be around 4:00pm. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided on both the Rainforest and Bio Bay tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with recent surgeries
- Not recommended for travelers who have epilepsy, heart conditions and/or dizziness
- The difficulty level of this excursion is considered to be moderate to strenuous depending on your physical fitness level. It is very important that you are in good physical condition in order to participate and enjoy yourself. The terrain in the rainforest can be muddy, slippery, uneven and include river-wading, climbing large rocks and steep inclines. The kayaking can be strenuous when the current is strong and requires upper body strength. This excursion is recommended for guests with an active lifestyle. It is a long, but fun-filled day!
- Maximum weight limit is 250 lbs per person and 425 lbs per kayak
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- Not recommended for travelers with neck, back, arm or leg problems or casts
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Island Journeys
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest and Bio Bay Combo Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest and Bio Bay Combo Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest and Bio Bay Combo Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest and Bio Bay Combo Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest and Bio Bay Combo Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingNature and WildlifeWalking ToursKayakingWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingLuquilloIsla VerdeSan JuanCategory
Isla VerdeCastillo San CristobalLa Calle LoizaChapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo)San Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista)Mercado de Río PiedrasIcacos Island (Cayo Icacos)Luis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré)Paseo de la PrincesaSan Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan)Rio Camuy Cave Park (Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy)Pine Grove BeachCastillo San Felipe del Morro Museum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte)Luquillo BeachMuseum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas)Museum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico)Palomino IslandPonceBacardi Rum Factory (Casa Bacardi)