8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Lose yourself in the wild landscapes of the El Yunque National Forest on this full-day tour from San Juan. Follow your guide on a thrilling hike, trekking off the beaten path to cascading waterfalls, natural pools, and waterslides in the rain forest. The moderately strenuous trail is ideally suited to physically fit travelers who can scramble across rocks and rivers. Along the way, you’ll learn about Puerto Rico’s diverse ecosystem.
- Full-day tour of El Yunque National Forest for active travelers
- Discover hidden waterfalls and natural pools off the beaten path
- Guide takes you cliff-jumping, rope swinging, and zooming down waterslides
- Includes hotel and port pickup and drop-off from San Juan
Saved to wishlist!
Complimentary pickup and drop-off in selected areas of San Juan (Old San Juan, Condado and Isla Verde locations and touristic zones)
Certified Tour Guide
Live narration in English
Bottled Water and light snacks
First aid equipment
Gratuity is not incuded but greatly appreciated for a job well-done!
Transportation fee for pick up at locations outside of San Juan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar, Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.
Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Have a good breakfast before departing on the tour.
- Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work. Remember you will hike thru rocky, muddy, uneven surfaces and rock climb.
- Wear bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and extra pair of clothing.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging or cruise information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with back or knee problems, recent surgeries, injuries, or other serious medical conditions.
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. An alternative for persons with certain limitations is to book a Private Rainforest tour. Please contact us for more information.
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of selected San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way):Rio Grande / Dorado / Fajardo/ Humacao).
- Estimate activity duration includes driving time.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following COVID19 protocols or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan?
This activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan.
See all safety measures taken by El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan.
- "This trip is not a walk in the park but also you won't go over any extreme things." See review
Product code: 9406P16
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursUnique ExperiencesSporting EventsBus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesSan JuanCategory
Isla VerdeLuis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré)PoncePaseo de la PrincesaMuseum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico)Luquillo BeachCastillo San Felipe del Morro San Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan)La Calle LoizaIcacos Island (Cayo Icacos)CaguasMuseum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte)Castillo San CristobalMercado de Río PiedrasChapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo)San Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista)Museum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas)Fine Arts MiramarBacardi Rum Factory (Casa Bacardi)Palomino Island