- Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) tour from Seoul
- Explore the front lines of the North Korea-South Korea border with your expert guide
- Discover the symbol of this zone, representing both division and unification
- Observe North Korea through binoculars atop the Dora Observatory
- Learn about the tumultuous history of the country as you visit Imjingak Park, the Freedom Bridge, the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel and the DMZ exhibition hall
- Choose from several tour options
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The last departure place from Seoul is Hongik Univ. Subway Station. Half Day : AM 08:20 at Hongik Univ. Station exit no. 3 Half Day with lunch : AM 08:20 at Hongik Univ. Station exit no. 3 Full Day : AM 08:20 at Hongik Univ. Station exit no. 3 Afternoon : AM 11:30 at Hongik Univ. Station exit no. 3
What To Expect
Visit Imjingak Park to see the artillery that was used during the Korean War. Walk to the Freedom Bridge and learn about the nearly 13,000 POWs who crossed it on their path to freedom in South Korea. See the Third Infiltration Tunnel, one of four known tunnels under the border between North Korea and South Korea.
At the DMZ Museum, take a look at the photographs and war artifacts on display. Then head to the Dora Observatory to look across the DMZ into North Korea and learn about life on the other side. After a stop at the restored Dorasan Station, the railway station that once connected North and South Korea, proceed to the Unification Village to see what life is like in this small farming community.
Proceed to the Amethyst Factory or Ginseng Center before returning to Seoul City Hall.
For those on the morning or afternoon tour only, travel back to Seoul at this point. Those who selected the morning tour with lunch will stop at a local restaurant before returning to Seoul.
With the full-day tour option, enjoy lunch, then visit Insadong Antique Market, one of the most memorable attractions in Seoul, representing the focal point of Korean traditional culture and crafts.
The tour ends with a return trip to Seoul.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required the day of travel.
- A moderate amount of walking through a steep and narrow tunnel involved - Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Participants must be physically fit to walk about 1300 feet (400 meters) at an 11 degree gradient
- You do not need to send a copy of your passport
- Infants must sit on laps
- The tour requires minimum 2 people
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY KOREA TOUR (DMZ TOUR)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Although there are a lot of attractions included in the tour, it can feel a little bit rushed given that most of it should be done by noon." See review