- A cultural experience designed to educate first-time visitors
- Watch a geisha performance, traditionally featuring songs, dances, and games
- Enjoy refreshments such as tea and Japanese sweets
- Upgrade to include lunch and unlimited drinks
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please only make bookings 6 months in advance of tour date. The schedule for events may not be set before 6 months of tour date, and your tour may be rejected or canceled if a booking is made too early in advance.
- Tour starts at 1pm, please arrive 15 minutes before the event for seating
- Please wear socks to walk on the tatami mats.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers, except for infants
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years
- Non-Smoking: All seats are non-smoking; there are designated areas outside for those who would like to smoke.
- English information and translation: Some events may have English-speaking geisha or translator present. If there are no English-speaking translators at the event, English pamphlets and brochures detailing more information regarding the geisha performances, etiquette for the event, history of geisha, and what to expect will be provided to the guests.
- Kimono: There are some kimono with obi (belt) that are at the venue. This is a free service that are sometimes offered to guests if there is enough time (at the discretion of the geisha). There is no guarantee of kimono dressing being available for guests, or if there is time to put kimono on all guests.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- For 1 person bookings, please note that if others do not join the same event, this experience may be canceled (as we cannot operate with 1 guest only). We may ask you to reschedule for another event date, or if there are no other availability, we will cancel this booking and provide you with a full refund.
- Private: At check-out, you can book the private geisha experience for your group. The private experience is for your group only (others cannot join this experience). Maximum number of people for the private experience is 30 people. The private event will be from 3:30 to 5 PM.
- Add-on 6-Hour Private Tokyo Tour: At check-out, you can add-on the 6-hour Private Tour in Tokyo. It will include an English-speaking guide. This tour can be conducted before the Geisha event from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM or 1:30pm to 7:30pm . Public transportation costs are included. Admission fee or other optional activity fees for guests and tour guides are not included.
- Add-on 4-Hour Private Tokyo Tour: At check-out, you can add-on the 4-hour Private Tour in Tokyo. It will include an English-speaking guide. This tour can be conducted before the Geisha event from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM or 2:30pm to 6:30pm . Public transportation costs are included. Admission fee or other optional activity fees for guests and tour guides are not included.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "A small operation really trying to enterain and share the Geisha experience A little hard to find but well worth the effort." See review
- "There was a lovely photo opportunity to dress up as well as refreshments being provided." See review
- "Great for family or individual travelers who want a unique experience." See review