4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Get an in-depth insight into local Japanese culture on this private walking tour of Ryogoku, the historic center of Japanese sumo wrestling. As you walk through the streets, you guide introduces you to the best concepts of sumo and takes you to see some sumo stables. You can also visit the Sumida Hokusai Museum, dedicated to the famed ukiyo-e (woodblock) painter, and the Edo-Tokyo Museum, which focuses on the history of Tokyo.
- Private tour exclusively for your party: No waiting around for others
- Get insights into local history and sumo culture from your guide
- See some of the town's sumo stables
- Includes admission to the Edo-Tokyo Museum and the Sumida Hokusai Museum
Saved to wishlist!
Local Professional guide
Hotel pickup (Centrally located Tokyo hotel or accommodation, not by a car)
Private Small-group tour
Transportation fees for the guide
Transportation to/from attractions (300 - 700yen/person depending on your hotel location)
Food and drinks, if any
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from your hotel of Tokyo 23 ward.
Also, please let us know your hotel name.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- 1) During local Grand Sumo Tournaments, almost all Sumo wrestlers go to each location, so no practice sound would be heard. Instead, if you join this tour during Tokyo Tournaments (15 days held in January, May or September), you see many Sumo wrestlers here and there in Ryogoku. (See the tournament schedule at the site below http://www.sumo.or.jp/EnTicket/year_schedule/ )
- 2) The Sumo museum is free. When Grand Sumo Tournaments are held, only the audience can enter the museum. It is also closed irregularly.
- ・Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- ・Children 5 and younger are complimentary.
- ・Children 6 to 15 are half price of the tour fee.
- ・Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- ・This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nippon PLUS
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 22325P21
Compare Similar Experiences
Half Day Walking Tour To Find Edo Culture Including Ukiyoe in a Sumo Town Ryogoku
4 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 35 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTokyoRail Tours - KantoWalking Tours - KantoHistorical Tours - KantoHalf-day Tours - KantoRail Tours - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoHistorical Tours - MusashinoHalf-day Tours - MusashinoRail Tours - KawasakiWalking Tours - KawasakiHistorical Tours - KawasakiHalf-day Tours - KawasakiCategory
HanayashikiMori Art Museum (Mori Bijutsukan)National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan)Ueno Park (Ueno Koen)National Art Center Tokyo (NACT)National Diet BuildingKabukichoHanazono Shrine (Hanazono Jinja)YanakaMuseum of Contemporary Art Tokyo (MOT)Inokashira ParkTokyo Station (Tokyo Eki)Memory Lane (Omoide Yokocho)Hakone Open-Air MuseumJindai Botanical GardensHama Rikyu GardensMadame Tussauds TokyoEdo Wonderland (Nikko Edomura)Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo GardenMount Nesugata Observatory