Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip to Nikko National Park from Tokyo
- See the impressive wood carvings and ornate structures of Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Enjoy a Japanese lunch (if option selected)
- Round-trip transportation from central Tokyo
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure time 8:15am Keio Plaza Hotel, JTB Sunrise Tours Check in Counter, Main Building 3rd Floor
Near Shinjuku station, West Exit
What To Expect
Head straight to what is unanimously hailed as the park’s most spectacular site, the Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO-listed mausoleum of a revered monarch whole ruled Japan in the 17th century. Marvel at lavish gold-leaf embellishments and opulent chambers during your exploration of the monument. See iconic carvings depicting the ‘hear no evil’ proverb, and then revitalize with a delectable Japanese lunch if you selected the option at booking.
Next, venture to the natural landmark of Kegon Waterfall. Capture the perfect pictures of the falls from a variety of vantage points, including the observation deck.
Conclude your tour with some retail therapy at one of Tokyo’s most extravagant entertainment districts. Peruse shops for special souvenirs (own expense), and refresh with a snack at one of the many eateries (own expense) before making your own way back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for necessary itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- In October and November, heavy traffic due to autumn leaves is expected every year on Irohazaka Winding Road. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period and instead one of the following attractions will be visited: Taiyuuin Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, Futarasan Shrine, Kirifuri Falls or Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The alternative plan outlined above may be used even outside of the designated period due to road conditions or other reasons. No refunds will be issued as a result of location changes.
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats. If a seat on the bus is required for the child, please make a booking at the child rate.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking.
- An earphone guide will be provided to each participant at Nikko Toshogu Shrine. However, if there are 15 or fewer participants, earphone guides may not be used. A fee of JPY 10,000 may be incurred if an earphone guide is lost or damaged by a participant.
- The tour will walk up and down steps and hilly paths at Nikko Toshogu Shrine and Kegon Falls. Be sure to wear shoes and clothing which are comfortable to walk in.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms