- Walking food tour of the Shinjuku Golden Gai and Kabukicho districts in Tokyo
- Learn why the area is one of Japan’s most famous entertainment areas
- Try a diverse selection of Japanese dishes like ramen and yakitori
- Enjoy Shinjuku’s Golden Gai neighborhood known for being Tokyo’s most popular nightlife spot
Departure & Return
Meet up point: After exiting the JR East Exit gate, take the exit for Kabukicho Meet in front of the Police Box (Koban) Address: ３-38-1 Shinjuku, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan 〒160-0022 東京都新宿区新宿３丁目３８−1
End Point: Golden Gai Area
What To Expect
Travel back in time as you pass bars that have remained unchanged since 1950 and then proceed to Kabukicho, the largest and safest Red Light District in Asia. Stop to enjoy a sample of two delicious foods including ramen.
Conclude your tour in Shinjuku’s Golden Gai neighborhood, famed for its effervescent nightlife consisting of more than 200 pubs, stalls, and karaoke bars. Sip on an included cool drink while here. Feel free to continue exploring this raucous enclave independently.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Accepts Single Travelers
- Adults 20 years old and above only
- Karaoke After Party available
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Dietary Restrictions Flexibility: Pescetarian and Vegetarian friendly
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arigato Japan KK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff