Explore our promoted experiences
- Horseback ride in the Cardrona Valley
- Admire views over the Cardrona Valley, Wanaka Lake, and the Crown Range
- Hear tales of New Zealand’s 19th-century gold rush
- Enjoy an adventurous ride along mountain valleys, stream crossings, and forest trails
- No experience necessary: suitable for first-time riders
- Small-group tour limited to six people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Set out on a trail ride through the Cardrona Valley and enjoy an adventurous route, crossing streams, climbing mountain lanes, and passing traditional farms. Along the way, learn more about the region’s fascinating history, and hear tales of the 19th-century gold rush that swept the area. There will be plenty of time to pose for photos and admire the views before heading back.
After safely returning to the stables and bidding your horse farewell, your tour finishes back at the Cardrona Distillery.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- **PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR HORSE RIDING ABILITY UPON BOOKING SO WE CAN SELECT THE APPROPRIATE HORSES FOR YOUR RIDE**
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Cardrona
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.